ISO 31000 – effective risk management
Manage your organization’s risks effectively in a world of uncertainties.
As risk landscapes evolve, organizations have to be adaptable in the face of the dynamic context and extensiveness of risks. Identifying and properly assessing risks is more important than ever in order to understand relevant needs and build resilience and operate more sustainably in the Environmental-Social-Governance domain, for example.
Effective risk management enables you to perform well in an context of uncertainty and helps build sustainable business performance over time. A structured approach ensures that you are proactive rather than reactive in your efforts to protect your key assets.
Operating a business with a management system that leverages on a structured and robust Risk Management framework will enable your organization to:
- Increase the likelihood of achieving its objectives.
- Comply with the relevant legal and regulatory requirements and international standards.
- controls and governance.
- identification of opportunities and threats.
- organizational resilience.
- operational efficiency.
- incident management and loss prevention.
- stakeholder confidence and trust.
A management system embedding a solid Risk Management approach will add more value to the organization and its stakeholders. This view was supported by 81 % of the respondents in our ViewPoint survey on Risk Management.
We help you understand the core principles of Risk Management, assess your maturity and gaps, and integrate Risk Management into your management system.
Get to know the basics of Risk Management and how other companies integrate Risk-Based Thinking in their organization through our ViewPoint and Espresso surveys. You can explore these free resources at the bottom of this page.
If you want to further enhance the knowledge of Risk Management in your organization, we offer our Start-up services. These make sure that the importance of Risk Management is understood throughout the organization, encompassing main methodologies, processes and techniques. The services include:
- E-learning module on Risk-Based Thinking and Risk Management.
- ISO 31000 foundation course, a one-day course with theory and exercises around the key principles of ISO 31000.
Only a minority of companies use established methods in their Risk Management approach. If you want to excel and become one of the front-runners in your industry, we offer tailored implementation services assessing your organization’s maturity, gaps and areas of improvement.
For organizations that are already familiar with Risk Management, and want to become leading, we offer services tailored more towards implementation of Risk Management. These services are aimed at assessing the maturity of the Risk Management frame and processes into your organisation, strengths and main areas of improvement. The services include:
- A full day workshop with our experts where a combination of theory, brainstorming and group work will allow you to start implementing the main Risk Management tools and methods relevant to your business.
- Gap analysis/scored assessment of your Risk Management framework. Evaluate your company's maturity and identify the main gaps and opportunities for improvement. When coupled with our scored methodology, the outcome is a quantitative rating of the effectiveness of your Risk Management frame.