The course focuses on structural analysis of fixed offshore wind turbine support structures, with main focus on jacket based support structures. You will use GeniE for pre-processer and Splice linearize a non-linear pile-soil foundation, perform an Eigenvalue & dynamic analysis. Use Framework for carrying out fatigue analysis due to waves as well as due to (cyclic) damage equivalent loads. GeniE is used to perform a ULS beam code check based on extreme loads. You will also use Sesam Wind Manager to carry out fatigue and ultimate strength analyses in the time-domain, using time series of wave and wind turbine loads, using a sequential/superelement analysis approach and using an integrated design approach.
You will learn to perform all basic steps of structural and hydrodynamic analysis of a semi-submersible and similar floating structures.
- Linearizing a non-linear pile-soil foundation
- Eigenvalue analysis of jacket structures
- Deterministic fatigue analysis using wave loads
- Direct Deterministic fatigue analysis using (cyclic) damage equivalent loads
- Ultimate strength analysis using extreme loads
- Fatigue analysis using time series of wave and wind turbine loads using rainflow counting
- Ultimate strength analysis in the time domain
- Time domain analysis using a sequential, superelement and integrated analysis approach
- Conversion of a superelement and wave loads or an integrated model from Sesam to wind turbine tools, conversion of interface and/or member loads from wind turbine tools into Sesam
Structural engineers involved in design, analysis or verification of fixed offshore wind turbine support structures.